The violent storms and torrential rains that struck the area Wednesday and are predicted for Friday night have caused damage to many individual homes and businesses.
Individual municipalities and county government are in the lead of disaster relief. Homeowners dealing with flooded basements, lost property and damaged structures need to keep in touch in order to be safe with municipal officials in order to begin recovering.
Our office telephone at 724-600-7002 carries a message about the first steps homeowners need to take and our website at www.senatorward.com includes a list of telephone numbers for individual municipalities.
Meanwhile, city officials in Jeannette are asking for volunteers to gather in the city Saturday at 7 a.m. to assist elderly residents clean up their homes.
- If you have an immediate emergency, please contact 911 immediately. They will assist in getting the proper emergency responders to your home or business as soon as possible.
- Residents who suffer damage due to flash flooding, should immediately contact their insurance agent to determine eligibility.
- Residents are also urged to notify their local municipalities of the extent of their damage. Westmoreland County will be relying on local governments to assess the amount of damage incurred during the flooding to determine qualifications for Federal and State Emergency Assistance Eligibility.
- In addition, residents should contact their local governments regarding debris in streams, clogged storm sewer drains, and/or road damage. If a resident believes that problems are occurring due to storm drains or pipes from a State-maintained road, please contact Sen. Ward’s District Office at 724-600-7002.
- If Westmoreland County Emergency Management Officials determine that Westmoreland County qualifies for Federal and State emergency assistance, municipalities would be eligible for reimbursement for their cost of clean-up and debris removal. Individual residents may not have a mechanism for receiving direct funding for clean-up, but the Pennsylvania Emergency Management and the Federal Emergency Management Agencies will announce available programs that individuals may utilize to help with rebuilding and/or replacement of their homes.
- Below is a list of municipalities in Westmoreland County, along with their phone number:
|Allegheny Township||724 842 4641|
|Bell Township||724 697 4121|
|Bell Vernon Borough||724 929 8080|
|Bolivar Borough||724 676 9950|
|Cook Township||724 593 7471|
|Delmont Borough||724 468 4422|
|Derry Borough||724 694 8030|
|Derry Township||724 539 2961|
|Donegal Township||724 593 2619|
|East Huntingdon Township||724 887 6141|
|Export Borough||724 327 3611|
|Fairfield Township||724 235 2140|
|Greensburg||724 838 4324|
|Hempfield Township||724 834 7232|
|Hunker Borough||724 925 1765|
|Hyde Park Borough||724 845 4931|
|Irwin Borough||724 864 3100|
|Jeannette||724 527 4000|
|Latrobe||724 539 8548|
|Laurel Mountain Borough||724 238 2923|
|Ligonier Borough||724 238 9852|
|Ligonier Township||724 238 2725|
|Loyalhanna Township||724 639 3417|
|Madison Borough||724 446 3550|
|Manor Borough||724 864 2422|
|Mt Pleasant Borough||724 547 6745|
|Mt. Pleasant Township||724 423 5653|
|Municipality of Murrysville||724 327 2100|
|New Alexandria||724 668 7671|
|New Florence Borough||724 235 2000|
|New Stanton Borough||724 925 9700|
|North Belle Vernon Borough||724 929 6930|
|North Huntingdon Township||724 856 3806|
|North Irwin Borough||724 864 5057|
|Oklahoma Borough||724 567 5727|
|Penn Borough||724 527 6540|
|Penn Township||724 744 2171|
|Salem Township||724 668 7500|
|Saltsburg Borough||724 639 9413|
|Seward Borough||814 446 6164|
|Sewickley Township||724 446 7202|
|Smithton Borough||724 872 6406|
|South Greensburg Borough||724 837 8858|
|Southwest Greensburg Borough||724 834 0360|
|St Clair Township||814 446 5211|
|Trafford Borough||724 372 7652|
|Unity Township||724 539 2546|
|Washington Township||724 727 3515|
|West Leechburg Borough||724 842 2653|
|West Newton Borough||724 872 6860|
|Youngwood Borough||724 925 3660|